“QED Naval can assess the fluid and wave loading on any structure in the marine environment using the powerful capabilities of ANSYS Fluent (CFD)”.
- Resistance and powering calculations;
- Design of hull appendages;
- Assess the effects of wake on the hull and appendages;
- Optimisation of vessel hull forms;
- Dynamic simulations of marine vessels operating in waves;
- Aerodynamic simulations of sails, wind turbine blades;
- Downstream impacts of engine exhausts on ferries;
- Fire and smoke simulations;
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) calculations;
We use powerful local compute server with ANSYS HPC packs which provides us with the capability to cluster and our workstations powerful workstations up to 32 CPUs. This means we can perform very large CFD simulations up to 24 million cells many times faster than using a sole workstation. This allows us to learn quickly from these simulations.