Jeremy Smith (Managing Director)
- Founded QED Naval in 2008 to utilise R&D
- Structures Delegated Design Authority on the Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carrier project
- Over 10 years experience in naval research working for QinetiQ, DERA and DRA.
- Project Technical Leader for world’s largest composite propeller project (fully demonstrated)
Peter Syme (Chairman)
- Over 40 year experience with American and UK companies.
- Managing Director of Weir Pumps
- Chairman of Strachan & Henshaw
- Set up a JV with SSE to develop tidal turbine business
- Closed JV on realization of high installation costs
David Glen (Financial Controller)
- Associate Director at DC Consulting (Scotland) Limited
- Provide clients with a wide range of corporate finance support
- Focus on raising funds through debt, equity and grants
- His role is business planning advice and financial modelling
Angus Hay (Investment Director)
- Director at Kelvin Capital & DC Consulting Limited
- A founding director of DC Consulting, heading up the corporate finance division.
- Has strong knowledge and significant experience of the private equity investment market, Scottish Co-Investment partners and the independent venture capitalists network.
- Raised over £170 million investment for clients across a broad spectrum of sectors.
Andrew Smith (Investment Consultant)
- M.D. Deja Blue Consulting
- Assists companies structure their businesses/projects in the renewables, clean tech sectors.
- Enhances the prospects of obtaining debt & equity funding
- Acts to introduce investment and debt into companies/projects
Simon Comer (Board Observer)
- Investment Manager – Scottish Investment Bank (SIB)
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of investee companies
- Ongoing monitoring, follow-on investments and exits
Marine Energy Platform and Project Developers